Normally, mold and mildew growth occurs in your home due to excess moisture. When the mattress pad becomes wet or if you live in a humid environment, the chances of mold and mildew growth are high in your mattress. Cotton, linen, and rayon are some of the fabric types which can easily make room for mold growth. If the mattress pad is exposed to flooding it needs to be replaced for sure. It is easy to Remove The Mold from The Washable Mattress cover that has been damp for less than 2 days.
Step by Step Process to Mold from a Foam Mattress
- Take your mattress pad outside and spread it under direct sunlight. It will be best if you spread your mattress on the terrace or backyard.
- Use a stiff scrub brush and brush the
moldspores from the mattress. Leave the mattress pad under the sunlight for 4 to 5 hours.
- Now prepare your mattress cover to wash in the washing machine with hot water and laundry detergent to wash the mattress cover. If you have front load washing machine place the pad in the machine
directlyand add detergent. Set hot water temperature to wash the mattress pad.
- Now you have finished with mattress cover, let’s concentrate on the foam mattress, vacuum both the sides of the mattress, once you finish vacuuming take the cleaner outdoor and clean the dust catcher completely as the
moldspores from the catcher will further spread into your home.
- If you wish to use any type of Domestic Mattress Cleaner, just follow the manufacturer’s instruction or surf online and know more tips about how to the deep clean mattress. Under this section, you will get all the necessary information about Mattress Cleaning and
- Mix equal part of rubbing alcohol and warm water in the container. Take a cloth, dip into the solution and scrub on the
moldyarea of the mattress. After scrubbing rinse the area with clean and fresh water. Be careful do not over wet the mattress as it will further leave the room for moldgrowth in the mattress.
- After rinsing, spray
disinfectantsolution on the mattress to kill the germs and other harmful pathogens from the mattress surface.
- Finally, take your mattress to the terrace or backyard and spread it under sunlight for several hours.
- To eliminate the
odorsprinkle a generous amount of baking soda over the surface of the mattress and leave the mattress overnight. The next vacuum the mattress thoroughly to remove the baking soda. This will eliminate unwanted odorfrom the mattress.
Professional Fresh Mattress Cleaning Services
To avoid Mold Growth in The Mattress, purchase a