We all aware of the important role that a mattress plays in our comfort and interiors. Mattresses provide us with a cozy space to relax and sleep. Quality of sleep and hygiene of our bedrooms is directly dependent on the overall quality and hygiene of our mattresses. Staining and daily accumulation of dirt can cause permanent damage to your mattress and may result in deteriorating its life. A mattress has to suffer many types of staining but most resilient of them all is the staining of oil. Oil stains if ignored can actually trap and harbour a lot of dust and dirt and in the result, it can permanently decolourize and damage the mattress. Oils stains are very stubborn and had to remove without the proper knowledge of oil stain removal from the mattress, therefore, we are providing you with a simple and easy to follow guide on oil stain removal from the mattress.
Things you will need are:
- Spare Clothes or cleaning papers
- Mattress stain removing soap or detergent
- CornStarch or Baby powder
Steps for Mattress oil stain removal are:
- Step 1: Freshen up old oil stains by pouring a little amount of glycerine or any oil. Let the stain soak in fresh glycerine and refresh the stain and oil inside.
- Step 2: Use a blotting paper or a cloth to damp the stained surface to remove extra oil and glycerine, keep damping the stain to make sure all the excess oil is removed and start oil stain removal.
- Step 3: Cornstarch can now be used to remove the oil stain, pour some amount of cornstarch over the stains, you can spread the cornstarch powder all around the stain and you can also use a brush to remove extra dirt and dust. Leave the cornstarch over to the stain and it will help loosen up fibres of the mattress from oil in an hour.
- Step 4: After the stain is now left to dry for an hour, use a vacuum cleaner and clean your mattress thoroughly. Remove any sign of dirt and cornstarch left anywhere on the mattress. Removal of cornstarch is very important as it contains oil and may lead to the compromise of the mattress sanitization in future.
- Step 5: Finish the mattress oil stain removal method by using detergent and water. Use a brush or a cloth rinsed in detergent water solution and rub the stained part of the mattress and scrub off any sign of cornstarch or oil stain left. Repeat this if necassary and leave the mattress to dry naturally.
Fresh Mattress Cleaning, Australia provides its customers with professional mattress cleaning services round the clock. Our team of professional mattress cleaners can help you with routine mattress cleaning and stubborn mattress stain removal. By using the latest tools and equipment we guarantee to deliver the desired results within 24 hours.